The Phoenix of Hiroshima is a 50-foot, 30-ton yacht designed in the 1950s by anthropologist Dr. Earle L. Reynolds and built of Japanese woods entirely without power tools by Japanese ship builder Yotsuda in Miyajimaguchi, Japan. Launched in 1954, the yacht carried Dr. Reynolds and his family around the globe and later into the Pacific Proving Grounds (1958) and to the Soviet Union (1961) to protest nuclear weapons. During the Vietnam War, the Phoenix made three trips to Vietnam to take medical supplies to the Red Cross for the victims of American bombing.
The Phoenix sank in 2010 and currently resides at the bottom of a river. She is now owned by The Phoenix of Hiroshima Project, Inc., a non-profit organization which is trying to raise funds to restore her as a part of history.